A big thank you to Tobias at Sensufaktur for bringing this stunning space age desk to my attention.
In 1970 Ernest Igl designed a desk. Its revolutionary form and unique manufacturing process made it an immediate icon, redefining design standards.
Free from the conventions of fashion and technology, and unconstrained by the need of compatibility, the igl jet got his very own expression.
Compact living. My virtual lounge/dining area including pieces designed by Charles & Ray Eames, Arne Jacobsen, Eero Saarinen, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, George Nelson and Robin Day.
1. HABITAT Retro TEAK+METAL Side TABLE Robin Day/Modernist – Item number 160391674961
2. GORDON RUSSELL RETRO OFFICE CHAIR BLACK/CREAM LEATHER – Item number 320470201845
3. GENUINE VINTAGE BERTOIA DIAMOND CHAIR – Item number 160392218383
4. Original Parker Knoll Table 1970’s/1980’s design – Item number 130361245977
5. Retro Arkana Tulip Side Table – Item number 220545805490
6. Modernist Danish Teak NEST OF TABLES Denmark 1960s – Item number 290392223393
This legendary venue was first opened by Auguste Kettner, chef to Napoleon III in 1867. Its recent refurbishment plays off the frisson of its proximity to the theatres… back to when it started, so conveniently situated next to the stage doors when it was a favourite of Edward VII and Lillie Langtry and Oscar Wilde.
My favourite room has to be ‘The Apartment’ with its wooden wall paneling along with the decorative geometric ceiling. All the individual pieces of retro furniture in the different corners of the room create a real residential feel to the bar, a bit like going out but feeling like you are still in the comfort of your own home – my perfect night!
Highlights include the Warren Platner side table and matching grey Panton Cone Chairs and comfy Le Corbusier style sofas.
Posted in Inspirational Interiors
Tagged bar, dining, furniture, kettners, le corbusier, mid century modern, private members bar, restaurant, retro, verner panton, warren platner
Like no chain of hotels I have ever seen or heard of before, the Ace Hotels are a must destination for any design enthusiast. The hotels are the creation of design team Robin and Williams and are located across the US. These hotels are full of salvaged, vintage and retro pieces with each room completely unique. Actions, or should I say pictures, speak far louder than words so I will leave you to enjoy the pics!
Firstly, sorry to all you regular readers of TFCR out there for my lack of posts last month.
I have recently started a new job working for a stunning contemporary furniture showroom called CHAPLINS in Hatch End, Middlesex. The showroom even has its very own Design Museum so for the first time in my life I actually look forward to getting up in the morning!
CHAPLINS pieces are regularly featured in interior design magazines such as Elle Decoration and Living Etc so I am sure many of you will be familiar with both their name and the brands they stock such as Vitra, Knoll and Kartell.
Anyway, once things have calmed down I hope to get back up to speed so please keep checking back! J x
1. Rare Eames Sideshell Chair for Herman Miller – Item number: 330352963646
2. Vintage Black Metal Industrial Desk – Item number: 160356469338
3. Retro Arkana Teak Sling Arm Chair – Item number: 270443609996
4. Charles Pollock Chair for Knoll – Item number: 280385310091
5. Ladderax Storage System – Item number: 270442043127
6. 1950s G Plan Coffee Table – Item number: 190328387024
Posted in Ebay Picks
Tagged 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, arkana, charles pollock, eames, ebay, furniture, interior design, knoll, ladderax, mid century modern, retro, vintage