1. HABITAT Retro TEAK+METAL Side TABLE Robin Day/Modernist – Item number 160391674961
2. GORDON RUSSELL RETRO OFFICE CHAIR BLACK/CREAM LEATHER – Item number 320470201845
3. GENUINE VINTAGE BERTOIA DIAMOND CHAIR – Item number 160392218383
4. Original Parker Knoll Table 1970’s/1980’s design – Item number 130361245977
5. Retro Arkana Tulip Side Table – Item number 220545805490
6. Modernist Danish Teak NEST OF TABLES Denmark 1960s – Item number 290392223393
This legendary venue was first opened by Auguste Kettner, chef to Napoleon III in 1867. Its recent refurbishment plays off the frisson of its proximity to the theatres… back to when it started, so conveniently situated next to the stage doors when it was a favourite of Edward VII and Lillie Langtry and Oscar Wilde.
My favourite room has to be ‘The Apartment’ with its wooden wall paneling along with the decorative geometric ceiling. All the individual pieces of retro furniture in the different corners of the room create a real residential feel to the bar, a bit like going out but feeling like you are still in the comfort of your own home – my perfect night!
Highlights include the Warren Platner side table and matching grey Panton Cone Chairs and comfy Le Corbusier style sofas.
Posted in Inspirational Interiors
Tagged bar, dining, furniture, kettners, le corbusier, mid century modern, private members bar, restaurant, retro, verner panton, warren platner