In no particular order, here are some inspirational interior shots featuring retro pieces from the Sneek Peeks section on Design*Sponge
Design*Sponge is a brilliant American daily website dedicated to home and product design run by Brooklyn-based writer, Grace Bonney. Launched in August of 2004, Design*Sponge features things such as diy projects, before & after furniture and home makeovers.
The site is updated constantly throughout the day (with an average of 6-10 posts a day), and attracts a core group of devoted readers. Design*Sponge currently has 43,000 daily readers and over 35,000 readers reading via RSS!
Not bad, but it still has some way to go before it catches T.F.C.R!
When writing this post the first thing I did was look up the definition of the word ‘chair’. A chair is a seat for one person, with a support for the back. Correct. But I much prefer my own definition: Chair is Art!
And this new blog written by my fellow ‘Chair Commando’ Joel over at Blue Ant Studio is a gallery full of wonderful pieces of art from all over the web!
Joel explains “chair whore is a blog about chairs and nothing else.”
So if you aren’t a fan of chairs I advise you to avoid like the plague! However, if like me you are appreciate the art of chair design then head straight over to…. chairwhore
I am all for getting creative when it comes to recycling and this clever bookcase designed by Isabel Quiroga (NL) epitomises just that!
The tables are sawn in the middle and stacked together and I love the fact that the drawers could be used for extra storage space!
A brilliant idea!
As part of their 50th anniversary celebrations, Vitsœ will release the last 50 original side tables designed by Dieter Rams on their birthday – 4 September 2009.
First commissioned in 1962, the 621 Side Table was last produced in the 1980s and will be sold in its original packaging, so grab yourself a little piece of design history!
For further information and details of how to get your hands on this rare table go to the Vitsœ website.
Via Retro to Go
Porada was established in 1968 by Luigi Allievi with the help of his 4 sons in order to expand the production of chairs, started in 1948, to other branches of home furnishing.
This Giotto Coffee table is my personal favourite from their current collection and illustrates perfectly the result when combining modern technological processes with the traditional artisan style of the area.
See Porada for further details.
1. Retro Chrome and Glass Coffee Table – Item number: 280383143910
2. John & Sylvia Reid for Stag Birch Drawers – Item number: 160354653344
3. Retro wooden Telephone Table – Item number: 330351024834
4. 1970’s Guzzini Style Lamp – Item number: 360178435724
5. Vintage Pinner Klamplight – Item number: 230365711965
6. Robin Day Glass Coffee Table – Item number: 400066698561
7. Lovig Danish Teak Desk – Item number: 140337989092
8. 2 White Louis Poulsen White PH 4/3 – Item number: 160354756617
9. 1958 Plycraft Norman Cherner Side Chair – Item number: 360177733932
Posted in Ebay Picks
Tagged 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, danish, ebay, guzzini, john & sylvia reid, louis poulsen, lovig, maclamp, mid century modern, Norman Cherner, retro, robin day, vintage
1. Vintage Ercol Wishbone Chairs – Item number: 140336011582
2. Retro G Plan Dining Set – Item number: 270440122329
3. 1960 Robin Day for Conran Suite – Item number: 220463899697
4. 1990 Eames Birch LTR Table – Item number: 360177992137
5. Mid Century Modern Teak World Globe – Item number: 180394449084
6. 1960’s Eames RAR Rocker Chair – Item number: 360177778936
Posted in Ebay Picks
Tagged 1960s, conran, eames, ebay, ercol, furniture, g plan, interior design, mid century modern, retro, robin day, teak, terence conran, vintage